About Sex Addiction
Debra is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Supervisor (CSAT-S). She serves as faculty member for Dr. Patrick Carnes’ International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), a recognized leading expert in the field of sexual addiction. Dr. Carnes’ International Institute provides cutting-edge training to promote an international standard for sex addiction treatment and other related disorders.
Debra trains, writes and lectures in the fields of trauma and sex addiction. As such she has extensive expertise with issues related to sex addiction, pornography, love and relationship addiction and compulsive masturbation. These behaviors are often rooted in unresolved traumatic experiences. She is also a full member of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH), and the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA).
Debra addresses the following issues in her work with Individuals, Couples and Groups
- Sex Addiction/Compulsivity
- Love and Relationship Addiction
- Addiction to Internet Pornography
- Affairs and Infidelity
- Emotional Incest/Sexual Abuse
Frequent Questions and Concerns:
- Am I a sex addict? (Assessment for Men) (Assessment for Women)
- What is sex addiction and sexual compulsivity?
- What is compulsive masturbation?
- Should I be concerned if I “must” masturbate?
- What if I have a high sex drive? Is this a problem?
- My significant other/spouse told me I sexualize wo/men. What does this mean?
- I found my significant other/spouse looking at internet pornography. What do I do?
- I confide in a close fe/male friend but I’m in a committed relationship. Is this a problem?
- My spouse is cheating on me. Why should I get help when I am not the one with the problem?
- I have stronger sexual needs than my spouse so I satisfy my needs outside of my relationship.
- Despite my love for my partner, I continue to use online chat rooms for conversation and hook-ups.